Customer Services Engineer (Unix/Linux) [ABC0001278]
We are seeking Linux and Unix specialists for the global technological company with 500 Unix and Linux engineers in the Czech Republic.
The Customer Services Engineer (former Operations Engineer) is part of an operations engineering team, with cross product responsibility, managed by a team leader. The team forms part of global support organisation providing first class support to customers on a worldwide basis.
The Customer Services Support environment is dynamic in nature, bringing continual challenge within an ever changing environment. An operations engineer focuses on delivering highly complex technical solutions within a customer environment, requiring patience and tenacity during problem solving.
Acision products operate within mission critical revenue generating environments, where uptime, reliability and availability are of paramount importance. Typically the technologies employed are at the leading edge of the industry, providing customers with differentiating services to millions of end users.
Daily life of a Acision Customer Services Engineer primarily consists of providing customer support or undertaking on site deployment activities for Acision products. These systems are market leading products in the Wireless sector, including SMS, MMS, Mobile Internet, Videomail, Voicemail, and Mobile Payments solutions and are deployed in countries across the globe.
This role expects working on regular working hours - no shifts.
More information about this vacancy:
- Professional Qualification in Engineering / Computer Science / Mathematics / Physics or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years experience with Unix or OpenVMS OS, formal certification would be welcome
- UNIX shell scripting skills
- Capable of troubleshooting and diagnosing enterprise server hardware
- Former exposure to (wireless) telecommunication products and inter-working experience gained within customer environments would be a significant advantage
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proactive approach with a can-do and will-do attitude at all times
- attractive salary package + year financial bonus
- casual but professional enviroment and team of people
- possibility to travel world-wide
- trainings and certifications (RHCE, CCNA,...)
- 5 weeks of vacation, sick-days, lunch vouchers, interest-free loan, contribution to sport activities, medical care, insurance, etc.
Feel free to contact us for further information about this vacancy, company or any other inquires.